Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The European Perspective

I spent Wednesday night at the REIN workshop listening to Don Campbell, Barry McGuire and others speak. Don had been traveling in Europe and the U.K. for 3 weeks this summer and he said it was interesting to see so many articles about Alberta (firstly) and Canada (secondly) in the news.

Approximately 90% of the stories highlighted the stability and growth of Alberta and the oilsands. The remaining 10% were focused on environmental concerns/conflicts around the oilsands.

The core of the story is how appealing Canada is as a safe, conservative, resource abundant place to put investment money into, both on individual and governmental levels. The Japanese and to a lesser degree, Chinese, have known this for a while too. That is why both countries have been quietly investing for years. 

In Europe it seems more of the media have focussed on the mechanics and drivers of economy rather than North American media that tends to focuses on the hype of say, James Cameron visiting the "Tar Sands" to expound his expert opinion on what we're doing right and wrong. Now, I would put more weight into Cameron's visit if we could get William Shatner to go and watch the two debate on BNN.

(I use the phrase "Tar Sands" in sarcasm as they are not tar sands at all. 'Pundits' choosing to use that phrase often do it out of ignorance or with intent to manipulate and sway opinion to the dirty image the phrase gives. -Hey, its not quite a perfect world.)

I appreciate all your calls and emails. I'm looking forward to helping you with your next step towards building real wealth. 

Your success continues TODAY, let me help you build upon it.

"Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less and stop watching ourselves live." -Chamfort

Kind Regards,

Todd and Danielle Millar

No comments: