Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Green Up Your House - Get Grants

Eldon Freeman is a Toronto real-estate broker who is setting up a national green real-estate association with James Rodgers executive director of B.C.'s Greener Realty Association.

Their dream is to have a mandatory energy evaluation for every Canadian home before they are sold on the market.

"Within five years, we hope to have mandatory energy audits right across Canada on every resale home," Elden Freeman executive director of the non-profit National Association of Green Agents and Brokers

The two plan to help teach real-estate agents how to promote greener homes and show homeowners how to make energy-efficient upgrades.

Freeman and Rogers mandatory energy evaluations include assessments of insulation, appliances, furnaces, air conditioners and exhaust fans, and also measure how airtight a home is.

If you cant wait to make your home energy efficient then here is some good news. You can get grants from the government to "green" up your house.

There is a lot of money out there that the Federal Government is willing to give out to owners of single family homes including detached, semi-detached and low-rise multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) that are no more than three storeys high.

The ecoEnergy Retrofit Program is available to property owners so they can qualify for federal grants by improving the energy efficiency of their homes, and reducing their home's impact on the environment.

You reduce the cost of running your investment property by improving its "greeness" if you don't care about the environment, money in your pocket should peak your interest.

PLEASE CONTACT ecoENERGY Retrofit before doing any renovation to your home!!

For a Full List Of Improvements Covered Under ecoENERGY Retrofit Click Here
To Download the ecoEnergy Retrofit Info PDF Click HERE

No comments: